Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lights Over The Panhandle of Texas


Witnesses in Lubbock and Amarillo, Texas observe unusual lights in the Texas sky.

Reports are "as is", with no corrections.

          *



MUFON Case # 32038
Event Date:    2011-09-23
Time:     19:45
Status:    Assigned
City:    Lubbock
State:    Texas
Shape:    Star-like,Triangle
Distance:    Unknown
Summary:    two bright stationary lights north of Lubbock that faded as the sun set

Report:
I was exiting my university facing north at about 745 and right away I noticed two bright what could have been dismissed as stars in the sky. However, it was still bright outside and I am accustomed to the sky and I knew that they weren't stars. I contacted a friend in Austin and he verified that there were no stars north. As I traveled home i would momentarily lose sight but when I got home it appeared as if they didn't move. This took about 15 minutes so I knew they weren't planes, helicopters, or stars because it was brighter than any star I have seen and as the sun began to set the one directly north turned orange and began to disappear and the other just faded. I speculate that it was two objects reflecting the sun since the one closest to the west stayed brighter until the sun set. Me and my roommate looked at google sky and found no charted visibly bright star in that region. I always look at the sky and I can tell you that it wasn't a star, plane, or anything of the sort.

          *

MUFON Case # 32046
Event Date:    2011-09-23
Time:     21:10
Status:    Assigned
City:    Amarillo
State:    Texas
Shape:    Sphere
Duration:    00:30:00
Distance:    Over one mile
Summary:    2 fairly bright round balls of light appear,disapear and reapear in 20 minutes

Report:
I was waiting tables at Menchies Restaurant in Amarillo, Texas when a customer walked in stating he had witnessed 2 bright balls in the sky. By the time I got outside 1 had disappeared. Coming back outside within 5 minutes later we both witnessed 2 balls of light in the N Western sky. We also had a couple calls and text messages coming in of witnessed reports. A couple felt it had to do with the falling satellite. I did not feel this was the case obviosly and certainly not a weather ballon as someone thought our local Channel 10 news might have already reported. The balls disappeared and reappeared more than once- at least 3 times over a 20 minute period between 9-10pm September 23rd 2011.

I had no particular feelings other than wandering what these objects really were. Thank you,

            ******************************************

1 comment:

  1. I observed these lights as well. These were NASA research balloons. The launch info and flight paths can be found here: NASA Columbia Scientific Balloon Facility http://towerfts.csbf.nasa.gov/

    ReplyDelete

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...