Sunday, July 11, 2010

Is it a Bird, a Bug, or is it a UFO? - BLURFOs


So many times a bird, or bug gets into the photo and you just didn't see it at the time, because you were busy looking through the view finder of your camera.  The critter is out of focus and you'd swear that once you've downloaded to your PC, that it's a UFO.  Well, darn. On closer examination there is little doubt, it's not a ship from outer space.

Take the time to examine that photo before reporting it.  If you can't, find someone who can.  If you do that, you'll save yourself some embarrassment and others the trouble trying to sort it out.

Here are some examples and information on how to analyze a photo for a possible BLURFOs (Birds/Bugs passing through the focal field are not UFOs).

Click on image for larger view.

The person who shot the last photo (Rob S) asked $30K for it.

Rob S: "It's not fake. Unless my camera did something I don't know about. The pic was taken on a canon digital 3.1 megapixel camera. The setting was at Automatic. I was taking a picture of the boat in the back ground, the China shipping lines boat. When I took the picture there was nothing in the air, I didn't even know I had the object in the pic until I came home a week later and went through my pictures, and I was like...."what is that??"

Anyway, it was taken on the ferry that goes to Vancouver Island. It was really windy that day. I will send you the Pic I took before and after the one you have, also a video clip so you have an idea of the weather conditions. Someone else told me they thought it was fake. I really don't care, I just want to know more about the pic.
"

See BLURFOs Are Not UFOs for more information and photographic examples.
  
Many thanks to Dimitris Hatzopoulos of Best UFO Resources, for sending me this information. -SW

***********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...