Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wichita, Kansas Couple Observe Fireball

Witness' depiction.


Fireball appeared to shoot up through the big dipper and into space.

MUFON Case #  29755
Date: 2011-06-27
Time:  22:12

City: Wichita
State: Kansas
Shape: Fireball,Star-like
Distance: Over one mile

My wife and I just returned home. She sat down to smoke a cigarette before going inside and I took to checking out the stars. When I turned my attention to the Big Dipper in the northwest, I noticed a bright yellow flowing orb underneath and moving upwards toward the constellation. Almost as soon as I spotted it, it picked up momentum and seemed to decrease in luminosity by about a third. The color changed from a deep yellow to more of a white. I called my wife to come quickly, even though she hurt her foot yesterday. She quickly hobbled over and spotted it with me.

As we watched, the object zipped through the cup of the Big Dipper and seemed to be heading out of the atmosphere. It continued on until it completely faded from view. I immediately came inside and started this report.

Over the course of the sighting, the object fluctuated in acceleration, brightness, color and direction. I've attached a graphic to better communicate what I perceived.

************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...