Thursday, June 23, 2011

Meteors/Fireballs Over Breckenridge, Texas







LITS Case # 16192011
Date:  2011-6-19
Time:  21:30
City:  Breckenridge
State: Texas
Shape: Fireball
Duration: 00:00:02
Weather: Clear

Personal account:  At 9:55 p.m. the evening of Friday, June 19, 2011, I was outside preparing to feed our dog, when I happened to look up towards the West/Northwest sky.  At that exact moment, a bolide (exceptionally bright meteor) was dropping straight down from the sky and broke up into 5-6 pieces, along with a number of sparks.

What was so unusual about this particular event, is that the bolide was in my estimate, just barely over 1,000 feet AGL before breaking apart.  Another fact, there was no tail, just a bright white orb that broke apart and disappeared.

I reiterate, this object did not arch (came straight down), was exceptionally bright white and left no trail.

From my viewpoint, the object may have fallen into the northern end of Hubbard Creek Lake.

Then again on June 22, 2011 at 9:40 p.m., as my spouse and I drove west into town, we both saw another meteor plummet down in the same location.

This marked 5 meteors in less than a week, all extremely bright and all plummeting straight down before breaking up near the earth's surface.  This does not take into account the meteors I have seen quite recently, streaking across the sky. -SW

**********************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...