Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cigar-shaped UFO Observed Ice Skaters

Witness claims that 33 years ago, they and possibly 100 other people saw an unidentified flying object, while they skated on a pond in New Berlin, Wisconsin.  Here is that account, which was recently reported to MUFON.  Click on case number for the original report.

Depiction by SW.  Click on image for larger view.

MUFON Case # 23312
Date:    10/31/1977
Time:    20:00
City:    New Berlin
State:    Wisconsin
Shape:    Blimp,Cigar
Distance:    500 feet or less
Summary:    The same object visited us (50-100) twice as we were ice-skating.


Report:
The date I entered is approximate; it's been a few years since the encounter.

Many of us (50-100) were skating on the local pond in Greenfield Park, New Berlin, Wisconsin. This object came directly over us and stopped.

I recall seeing it coming towards us from the south, it had caught my eye, and it seemed like it had found some interest in what we were doing and headed our way. I didn't look like anything I have ever seen before.

It was about a 100 yards up and stopped directly over us. Many didn't see it at first, it was completely silent, and people kept skating about, it just sat there as if someone was watching us.

Soon everyone was looking up. Some moms were grabbing their kids and went into building screaming, but most of us stopped and got into a stare down contest with it. It was there for about 10 min. It then slowly wet across to the north.

Things kind of went back to normal, but after about an hour, it came back from the north, stopped over us again, but only for about a minute. It left going back south, but when it left it took off faster than anything I have ever seen to this date. In a little less than a blink of an eye.

The complete details of what it looked liked are vague as it was at night. Its shape was of a narrow blimp or of a fat cigar it had a row of square white lights circling completely around it. I didn't see any wings, tips, or protrusions.

When I got home and told my family about the event, my mother called the local news and at that time, they didn't know about it, and did not pursue the story to my knowledge.

I would like to know if anyone else has reported the same encounter. The picture I drew is what I remember but it traveled on a 45 degree angle.

See Witness' depiction
Note:  I would be interested to hear from other witnesses, of this particular sighting.  I had a similar sighting in the late sixties, where no word of the scrambled jets, hundreds of witnesses and calls to the police were ever mentioned in the news, or by other observers.
-SW


************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. On July 11 2011 at approx 320 AM I heard something which sounded like a person exhaling loudly, forcing air out of the lungs. Behind it were helicopters low enough that i could feel the vibrations on the house. I went out onto my second story balcony. I have two 30 feet pine trees in my back yard/ about 20 feet above the trees was a large white cigar shaped object with windows . it just glided/moved away with the helicopters trailing behind it. The helicoptors had their beams on the rear end of it. It moved in a northwest direction.

    ReplyDelete

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...