Thursday, March 24, 2011

Green Fireball streaks across several states


I received these 2 emailed reports from witnesses in Forestburg & Hutto, Texas.  Both witnesses report a blue to green fireball traveling West to East in the sky.


Forestburg, Texas (North of DFW)
March 23, 2011 9:15PM


Large bright blue spherical light fast from west to east high to low across northern horizon from Forestburg, Texas.  Lots of aircraft followed but could have been regular traffic to DFW; however, more than usual in small airspace.  Wife saw a similar light a few minutes earlier.

There were quite a number of aircraft generally following the flight path of the object/light but kind of irregularly.  That was about a minute after the passing.  The object was much faster than any plane and could have been a meteor but it seemed much closer to the earth and more horizontal from west to east.

The planes were high in the sky and it was difficult to determine even whether they were jet or prop.  There were about 5 of them.  One seemed to be a regular passenger jet and broke from west to southwest toward DFW.  The other four were kind of circling and the movement was to the east in the direction of the object.

The sky was clear.  I saw the object through my north facing window from inside my house.  It was large, fast, and bright with a bluish tint.  I went outside immediately to see more but the object had passed… the planes were up but nothing else.  The planes moved on to the east and disappeared after a few minutes.  Then, there was no activity in the sky at all for the next 20 or thirty minutes when I went to bed.

Wife saw an earlier one I did not see from another window in our living room.  That was about 20 minutes earlier.  She says it was like a still light in the northwest sky and then broke to the east like the one I saw.  She says it could have appeared still but could have been coming directly toward our location then turned to the east.  She didn’t tell me about it until I yelled about the later one I saw as I saw it.  She saw the aircraft as well.

Sheppard AFB is about 75 miles to the northwest of here.  Our home is in the country with no neighbors within at least half a mile.

We don’t make a deal out of unusual occurrences but this was spectacular.

*

Hutto, Texas (NNE of Austin)
March 23, 2011 9:30PM


I was driving over a hill in Hutto Texas and saw a bright green blue light in the sky (kinda looked like a shooting star but not the right color). It went for a good distanced and looked to explode, it jumped forward an continued its path out of my sight. I had a friend post a link to your site about a sighting in Hutto. I don't know what I saw, but it was really cool.
I saw the light arounds 9:30. It was traveling roughly west to east. I watched it for about 15-20 seconds until it disappeared behind the hill.

*    *    *    *

These sightings were submitted to MUFON and appear to be related to the sightings reported to me.  Reports are "as is", with no corrections.

MUFON Case # 28365
Date:    2011-03-22
Time:   Not noted
City:    Ft Worth
State:    Texas
Shape:    Disc,Oval,Sphere,Other,Unknown
Vallee Index: FB1
Summary: another report to go with yesterdays

Report:
I saw the lights in the sky again from my patio only they were in front of me this time. These arent the first sightings I have had of the object(s). I have just decided to start speaking about it so maybe someone will tell what they are or at least come forward as a witness also.. About last nights sighting, instead of the object being behind my left shoulder as my prior sighting the night before, this one was in front of me in the NW sky and it wasnt as close as the sighting before. I didnt state how far away I thought the object was in last reported sighting but I will estimate it was up to one mile away, maybe closer but up to one mile. In the sighting I will say it was three times that far. The objects are sometimes muliple in the sky, at different locations, just hovering, with multicolored lights that seem to go around the perimiter. I thought maybe its something that monitors the gas wells in the area, but dont know. I am scared to take a picture but if I get the nerve I will post one or send to mufon to view.

*

MUFON Case # 28369
Date:    2011-03-23
Time:   20:50
City:    Fort Worth
State:    Texas
Shape:    Egg
Vallee Index:   AN1
Summary: Green Fireball

Report:
I came home from class and walked out on to our apartments balcony where my roommate was. When I got out there I thought I saw a shooting star so I told my roommate who stood up to look at it too. However, it was not like any shooting star any of us have ever seen. It was traveling over I-30 faster than any jet that either of us have ever seen. It was egg shaped and bright green and then instantly turned into a bright red/orange color and then seemed to go a little lower and then disappeared. The weird part about it, is that it did not really seem to have much of a tail at all. It probably lasted about 4-5 seconds. We looked online and what we saw was described as a "green fireball" but the one we saw did not have a tail unlike some of the photos and videos that we had found.

*

MUFON Case # 28370
Date:    2011-03-23
Time:   Not noted
City:    Ft Worth
State:    Texas
Shape:    Circle,Fireball,Sphere,Star-like
Vallee Index: AN1
Summary: Strange comet flies through sky

Report:
Well, once again, strange things in the sky, very close, under a mile or so in the distance, I see a comet like object very bright white light that gets larger, maybe up to basketball size, then form a tail and begin to decrease in size and turn into a perfect brilliant green sphere and quickly turn small and disintegrate before ever reaching ground. It was so fast that by the time I could open the door for my daughter to see it had gone..anyone else see this happen?

*

MUFON Case # 28372
Date:    2011-03-23
Time:   21:10
City:    Rowlett
State:    Texas
Shape:    Egg
Distance: One mile or less
Location: Suburban
Terrain: Fields
Visibility: Clear
Vallee Index: FB1
Description: Bright white oblong shaped object almost size of the moon. Moving from south to north very fast.   

Report:
Was going north on Dexham rd. toward Hwy. 66 in Rowlett. Saw the object when looking to my left while I was driving. Object seem to appear when I was about half way between Miller rd. and Hwy. 66 (Lakeview Prky.)My wife who was with me saw it at the same time I did. At first thought it was a meteor, but realized it was bigger than any meteor I had seen before and it had an oval or oblong shape and was white in color with what appeared to be light fragments moving in front of the bigger object. The object appeared to be heading in a downward trajectory and disappeared over the horizon very quickly. Our children who were with us and riding in the back seat did not see it at all even though my wife and I inquired if they saw what we had seen. My feelings were of awe and curiosity as I've never seen anything that looked like what I saw.

*

MUFON Case # 28373
Date:    2011-03-24
Time:   Not noted
City:    Midland
State:    Texas
Shape:    Unknown
Vallee Index: AN1
Summary: Large flaming object falling from the sky

Report:
First: I had reported a previous sighting to Paranexus minutes before I saw this happen. After making the above report that occurred on March 11, I went outside to smoke and looked at the stars/skywatched for about 15 minutes and was about to go back into my shop but leaned up against my door looking North just for a few more minutes when very suddenly my peripheral vision caught something in the Northeast. I turned to look and was astounded to see a large object falling. I thought I had luckily caught a metiorite but it was falling slower than a metiorite and at a much steeper angle than I expected, so I watched it fall with flames trailing and was actually fearful because it looked like it landed between my town and the next one to the East. I say fearful because everything is so dry here. I almost looked like it could be an aircraft. The flames engulfed the object and trailed long on the end to my left, got smaller in the middle and trailed not quite as long on the other end.I lost sight behind trees and homes close to me, so I couldn't see it hit the ground. I actually said "Whoa" outloud. I debated what I should do for about two or three minutes, and finally decided to get in my truck and see if I could find it or see any fire/police vehicles. I saw nothing except a few civilian trucks just off of the highway that might have been looking for it, but I didn't know if anyone else saw it. On the way home, I stopped and reported what I saw to the county Sheriff because of fire potential. I came home and watched the sky for any planes or helicopters and listened for sirens...nothing. I don't know what else to say but I don't think this was a trivial event. Maybe it landed or hit further than I thought, but I don't think so.
I am a retired Navy/government aircraft mechanic and have seen many metiorites. I have no idea what this was.


*** Possibly related- Sighting in Arizona


MUFON Case # 28371
Date:    2011-03-23
Time:   20:18
City:    Kingman
State:    Arizona
Shape:    Star-like
Vallee Index: AN1
Summary: Looking to the West, object illuminated then disappeared   

Report:
Me and my wife were outside doing our usual horse training exercises. I decided to bring my binoculars and tripod so I could do some star gazing as well. as I was setting up my wife near our garage asked me something, I looked up to the west and noticed a star like object that looked out of place. there are not alot of stars out in that direction where the magnitude is above a 1 or 2. The object was quite bright and stationary. In perhaps 5 seconds, brightened slightly And then faded out completely. The feel of the event was "yep, that was something." I jumped online to see where the ISS was (Not even going over N.America presently), no space shuttle or satellites. The event was short but impressive.

Event occured at 8:18pm Duration lasted about 5 seconds.

*******

Note:  Something unusual was seen in the skies from Arizona to Texas, with a number of Texas witnesses reporting in.
There are some time discrepancies and some witnesses neglected to give a time of their sighting. 
It is very important to note the exact time and date of a sighting.  It helps to verify others sightings.


Was this a meteor, or was it something else?  You decide.

-SW


*     *     *

See videos and read more reports at Lunarmeterohunters.


****************************************************

11 comments:

  1. I am from midland tx and both my wife and I saw the same green light. It first started in the northwestern part of the sky and traveled very fast across the sky. The light seemed to be very large and very bright. As the light went from west to east it was definitely falling from the sky, and when it hit the ground there was a very bright circular flash!no noise just light. All I have to say is WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Los Angeles and I saw something just like that a few days ago (maybe Monday?). It was headed West to East around 6:50am. It was north and slightly west of downtown because I was in traffic on the 110 N heading into downtown.

    This was around sunrise and I'd never seen a shooting star when it's not strictly night. It's also one of the brightest shooting stars I've ever seen, and it was a greenish tint. I saw IO9 report on this and hoped they had an answer as to what I saw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this light, however this was almost 4 years ago. In chandler az, I was sitting on the steps of the community pool. It was an hour or so after sun set. I was watching my daughter swimming in her tube. She was 2 at the time, and I saw a light, just behind her head shoot straight up into the sky. Looked like a green shooting star. What I thought was odd, is it looked like it was leaving , this only lasted maybe a second and then gone. If I would have been looking anywhere else, I never would have seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On July 24th approx. 3 a.m. my friend and I were heading home traveling north on Interstate 5 to Redding when we seen what looked like a bright shooting star but much bigger shoot across the northern sky from west to east. it had a slight blueish tint to it and as it got what seemed to be closer to the ground it turned into a green fireball and then broke into four or five pieces then vanished. I've seen plenty of good sized shooting stars but nothing this astonishing. We were stunned from the spectacular sight. Anyone know what this might have been?

    ReplyDelete
  5. About 3 yrs ago in New Braunfels ,TX, at 11:55 pm, ( I remember the time because I was heading to work at the local newspaper company) I saw a bright emerald green fire ball in the pitch black night, suddenly drop out of the sky... No noise, just a big ball of light about the size of a large boulder. The ball had a tail, but it was odd to me because it was moving slowly and I remember it was going straight down, as if something were landing. I've never seen anything like it before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this light going horizontal east to west like it was falling. About 11:07 pm San Antonio tx it was a beautiful baby blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Joseph, I found one other report and am looking for more. I will report whatever I find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw something similar to what's being described. A few years back my friend and I were out fishing late at night and were looking at the stars as well. We both saw a green streak across the sky that took a sharp sharp turn to the left and vanished in a second. The whole show lasted about 6 seconds total.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but you didn't tell me where your were, while fishing. I need dates and locations too.

      Delete
  9. My husband and I saw blue streak going across the sky at seminole tx on 2-26 17about 845 pm did anyone else it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was reported by many witnesses. It was what is called a "bolide," a fireball type meteor that is very bright.
      https://watchers.news/2017/02/27/fireball-texas-video-february-2017/

      Delete

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...