Saturday, March 26, 2011

Additional Reports of Green Fireball- Update



Depiction of helicopters following green fireball object (Case # 28396).

See Additional Report at the bottom of this post.

In an email to LITS, JJ writes:


I'm from Los Angeles and I saw something just like that a few days ago (maybe Monday?). It was headed West to East around 6:50am. It was north and slightly west of downtown because I was in traffic on the 110 N heading into downtown.

This was around sunrise and I'd never seen a shooting star when it's not strictly night. It's also one of the brightest shooting stars I've ever seen, and it was a greenish tint. I saw IO9 report on this and hoped they had an answer as to what I saw!


I responded and asked:

First, did the object appear to be in our atmosphere and if so, how close to Earth?
Second, did IO9 have an answer?


JJ's response:

Hey!
I would say yes, it appeared to be in the atmosphere. It was pretty low and was visible for a good three - 3.5 seconds. Maybe a fist, fist and a half above the horizon? I'm not sure how far north of me it was, but it was directly aligned with the freeway. Sitting in traffic, I was staring STRAIGHT at it as it ran west to east. I was somewhere between the A and the B points on this map, although I think I was much closer to A than B:


Link to Google map

If you click on "A" it should take you to the street view, which is very close to the view I was seeing.

Io9 unfortunately had no answer. The headline was "Did you see this bright green light zooming overhead earlier this week" and I clicked because I did and wanted to know what it was! They only quoted your site, though. I'd love to know what it was!

-JJ


*

New reports submitted to MUFON:


MUFON Case # 28396
Date:    2011-03-23
Time:   21:15 GMT
City:    Fort Worth
State:    Texas
Shape:    Bullet/Missile,Circle,Fireball,Sphere,Star-like
Vallee Index: AN1
Summary:  GLOWING GREEN LIGHT SHOOTING FROM SKY

Report:
SITTING OUTSIDE ON FRONT PORCH WITH MY HUSBAND. HUSBAND NOTICED TO THE SOUTH A FORMATION OF AIRCRAFT WHICH APPEARED LIKE A VERY LOW-FLYING AIRPLANE. AT THE SAME TIME TO THE WEST NORTHWEST I SAW A BRIGHT GREEN LIGHT FALLING IN A SOUTH TO NORTH STRAIGHT PATTERN IN A SLOW DESCENT TOWARD THE GROUND. ITS APPEARANCE WAS SIMILAR TO A SHOOTING STAR, BUT MUCH LARGER, BRIGHT GLOWING GREEN, AND FOLLOWED BY WHAT LOOKED LIKE A TRAIL OF FIRE. I DON'T BELIEVE THIS WAS A SHOOTING STAR. IMMEDIATELY AFTER ITS DISAPPEARANCE INTO THE TREELINE, THE AIRCRAFT TO THE SOUTH GOT CLOSER TO OUR HOME AND TURNED OUT TO BE 3 HELICOPTERS FLYING IN A TIGHT TRIANGULAR FORMATION. THE LEAD HELICOPTER SEEMED TO HAVE A SEARCH LIGHT ON. THE REAR TWO HELICOPTERS HAD NO SPOTLIGHT, ONLY A RED INDICATOR LIGHT ON THE FRONT OF THE CRAFT. THEY CONTINUED IN A NORTHBOUND FLIGHT AND DISAPPEARED.

*

MUFON Case # 28401
Date:    2011-03-23
City:    Ft Worth
State:    Texas
Vallee Index: AN1
Summary:  (clarification of event) strange comet in sky

Report:
Just to clarify the details of my sighting of the green sphere or (fireball) in the sky the night of the 23rd: this comes after reading a couple of other Tx reports of the same type of sightings on the same night. Before the actual 5 second occurence, I also saw three craft, and in my perspective, these were small civilian aircraft often seen coming to and from our local small airports, nothing of extrateresstrial origin. These three craft flew from east to west and seemed to be an equal distance apart, going at the same speed across the sky and the green ball event happened within a few minutes after they flew by. This may help to exact my time of sighting. The ball also went from the south to north direction, but from my vantage point did not go as far as I30...Could be more than one ball that night?

*

Link to original reports

Note:  Reports are "as is", with no corrections. -SW
*

Update - Additional Report:


MUFON Case # 28411
Date:    2011-03-23
Time:   21:15
City:    Frisco
State:    Texas
Shape:    Circle,Fireball
Distance:    20 feet or less
Vallee Index:    MA1
Summary:    Bright Green Fireball with a little white glow   

Report:
While driving on Ohio drive in Frisco the sky was very clear. I saw what appeared to be a green fireball. It reminded me of 4th of July fireworks however it was just one fireball and very large. My 13 year old was in the car and I yelled "look" and we both were like wow. We determined it couldn't be a meteor as we saw a meteor shower two summers ago and it looked nothing like that. We also said why would someone just shoot one firework in the sky and it didn't drop pieces of fire. It just very slowly shot across the sky and went down and just dissappeared. There was also what appeared to be an airplane traveling in the same direction and I was wondering if they saw what we saw.



*****************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...