Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Witness recounts seeing metallic disc disappear into old Erie Canal

          Courtesy of 'Google Maps'.

Ohio has lately been a hotbed of UFO sightings and this phenomena extends back to previous decades.
In this report submitted to MUFON, in 1986 the witness claims that after a softball game at Ford's Ball Park, he and at least one other saw a silent metallic disc descend into old Erie Canal.



MUFON Case #  25243
Date:    07/31/1986
Time:    22:15
Location:  Ford's Ball Park, Hamilton, Ohio
Shape:    Disc
Distance:    500 feet or less
Summary:    Silent metallic disc shape descended from west and disappeared in old Erie Canal.

Report:
I was at Ford's Ball Park in Hamilton, OH attending a softball game in which two co-workers and friend were playing. I left before the game ended and was walking up an incline toward the gravel lot where I was parked,when out of the corner of my eye to the left (west) I noticed a grayish blue object descending slowly and silently less than 100 yards from me.

I immediately stopped near the top of the hill and blinked once in amazement at what I was seeing. This object was a solid disc shaped blueish, grayish color. I would estimate at arms length the object was about the size of my hand. As it descended it went behind a row of trees on the south bank of the old Erie Canal.

As it descended behind the trees it "lit up" white like a search light. At this time I could hear what sounded like the leaves and branches of the trees "crackling" as if they were being severed. By now the hair was standing on the back of my neck.

The object continued to descend and the only place it could have gone was under the water in the canal. I thought "What the hell did I just see"!

There were a few people in the lot but had their backs to the object. I didn't say anything, just got in my car and went home. The next day at work one of my friends that I went to watch play ball the night before approached me with a strange look on his face. I said , "You saw it too, didn't you."! He said ,"What the heck was that?" I said," I don't know".

We never talked about it again.

Note: Report contains a few spelling corrections.  To see original report, please click on case number.

********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...