Saturday, June 19, 2010

Texas Residents Report Strange Objects In The Skies

In this first report, a McKinney, Texas witness and his wife see a cigar shaped object and capture it on video.  Is it a plane, or something unknown, the witness wants to know.

Images captured from video by SW

MUFON Case #  23823
Date:    05/24/2010
Time:   19:58
Location:    McKinney, Texas
Shape:    Cigar
Summary:    Silver cigar with fin

Report:
My wife and I were in the park with the dogs. Luckily I had just got my camera back from the repair shop.

I first notice it, then called my wife's attention to it. It seemed lower when I first saw it and I could see that it was a cigar shape silver in color and had a short fin sticking out of the mid section of the craft. I couldn't hear any noise.

By the time I got my camera out of my truck, it was a lot higher and further away. It was hard to keep it in the frame because the camera has no view finder only a small screen to view the image and I was just pointing it in hopes that I was getting something most of the time.

For some reason I looked like a white pill shaped object on the video? I do not know if this was a plane or something else. I almost did not submit it because of the doubt in my mind.

Is this a common image of a plane when videoed with a digital camera? Or is this something else?

Video download

Note:  There is the sound of a jet in the video and the object appears to create a contrail at the end, however, it is not clear whether the jet sound is coming from the object, or another aircraft located elsewhere in the sky.
*            *            *

In this second report, a McAllen, Texas resident and his wife, who claim they are highly trained aerial observers, report witnessing an oval, or disc-shaped UFO hovering in the final-approach path of the local airport.

MUFON Case #  23822
Date:    11/14/2008
Time:    18:11
Location:    McAllen, Texas
Shape:    Oval
Distance:    One mile or less
Summary:    I witnessed, along with my wife, a motionless, medium colored silver object, approx 30 to 35 ft. in diameter, approx. 800 to 1,000 ft. altitude in a clear cloudless sky. After several minutes it shot to the So.East at great speed.

Report:
While travelling east down Farm to Market Road ( FM 676 ) just after sunset, toward the city of McAllen I noticed a large greyish silver colored oval shaped object sitting motionless in the sky. The altitude of the object was aprox. 800 to 1,000 feet, I thought it was odd as it was sitting in the final-approach flyway for McAllen Miller International Airport and was not moving... The object was clearly visible and quickly directed my wife's attention to it and asked her what she thought it might be...after a few moments she replied she did not know and became somwhat excited. My wife as well as myself are highly trained aerial observers and have lived and participated many years in aviation programs ...I pulled over to the side of the road and we both watched the object for about a minute. It quickly shot off at great speed to the southeast toward the McAllen Airport just before a Continental Airliner approached for landing. I quickly called a good friend who works at the airport and asked if there had been any PIREPS or other reports of a brightly colored object to the northwest of the airport...He later called and said there were none. I later asked several other aviation friends if they had heard or seen anything strange in the late evening sky, northwest of the airport...they all replied NO !!

Note:  Only spelling corrections have been applied to these reports.  To see original reports, please click on either MUFON case number. -SW
*************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...