Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blue Flash, Shockwave Hit Gulfport, Florida


This is a report to MUFON, that was rather interesting. It shows another event that perhaps few others saw, or are too afraid or skeptical to report.

May 31, 1998

This was my one and only witnessing to a chain of mysterious sightings that lasted several weeks above the waters surrounding the St. Petersburg peninsula 1998. The highlight to this event ended with phone contact from the Department of Defense. I was attending a party hosted at the oldest house built on the shores of Boca Ciega Bay. In a conversation at this gathering, friends and family members had been telling me about how they witnessed mysterious white lights on multiple occasions that appeared to shoot out of the water 1-3 miles off the coast of St. Petersburg Beach sometimes followed by high intensity explosions heard and seen as flashes of bright light. I've always been fascinated with the possibility of seeing something bizzare happen in the night skies and I definetely got my chance that night shortly after listening to the stories, especially because this was an atypical ufo sighting. Later as the party was winding down I was relaxing on a swing chair on the rear house deck that faced the bay. I was gazing at the night sky when suddenly there was an ultra bright blue or white flash immedialtely followed by a high-intensity, deafening report with a shockwave that nearly blew the windows out. I remember people screamed and possibly a women crying it was so startling. My cousin and brother instantly said "That's what we've been talking about!". This was much louder than an exploding transformer or lightning hit. I could feel the shockwave hit me like a bomb. I ran down to the shoreline with a few others and saw a fireball and firey debris slowly falling from the sky which appeared to be over the south-eastern part of Boca Ciega bay or possibly furthur over the inlet of Tampabay near the Sunshine bridge. It eventually burned out as it fell for about 15-20 seconds. I also remember thinking how the sound traveled so fast and that was an indicator of the distance of only about 1-2 miles from our location to the object. My curiosity went on tangents to what it could have been. The next morning I called the Gulfport Police Dept to see if there had been any reports made or if anyone else had called it in and to my suprise, they said it had been a quiet night. None of the police officers supposedly witnessed anything either. Now my own theories at this point were that it was some marine based military activity being conducted by Mac Dill AFB, such as missile tests or even submarine launched missiles but I didn't think that would be done in such close proximity to civilian areas. The kicker to all this is that about an hour after I talked to the police dept, a secretary of defense called the house phone. My mother answered the phone and told me that a secretary from the Dept of Defense was requesting to speak to me. My heart skipped a beat and I took the phone. A receptionist quickly briefed me to who I was going to be speaking with (wish I remembered the name) and what it entailed and asked if I would except the call. I said "sure!". I was a little scared but mostly excited. I thought this meant something significant was going on. The receptionist transferred the call and a man introduced himself and efficiently moved on to questions. In a polite demeanor he said "what exactly did you see?". I told him about the loud report(explosion noise) and the fireball and falling debris along with other details to location etc. He said "yeah, we have been getting similar reports along most of the west coast of florida. We'll contact you again if we need to conduct furthur questioning and let you know what we find out. Thankyou for the information". The call was short and I found it uncanny that he would even disclose that little information to me about the sightings from others. I drove to my buddy's house near Tyrone Square Mall to tell him the news in person. Approximately an hour later we saw armed Sea Cobra gunship helicopters flying a low formation over his house 500-1500' south towards Boca Ciega Bay. I don't know if that pertained to the sightings but I have never seen Sea Cobras in this area before especially since Mac Dill AFB is home to a refueling wing of air tankers. It's now fall 2009, I'm 33 y/o. I still wonder quite often about that event. If anyone reading this has had a similar experience or has some insight I would be very interested in conversing with you. Thankyou for reading!

Source

Note: The Secretary of Defense in 1998 was William S. Cohen- January 24, 1997 – January 20, 2001, under President Bill Clinton.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I remember when I was in High School. I was on the bus on my way to school. I caught the bus really early in the morning, it was just starting to get day light, I was looking the window and I saw a blue explosion of light in the sky. There was no sound to it, and it only lasted for a few seconds. I remember looking around and it didn't seem like anyone else saw it. Though at that time there were only 8 to 10 other people on the bus at that time. So I didn't say anything. But later on that day I was telling my father what I had saw and he told me that a guy he worked with was telling him that he had saw the exact same thing that morning.
    I don't remember how old I was, but I do know it happened somewhere between 96 and 00, cause those are the years I was in high school.

    ReplyDelete

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...